Are you a victim of un-optimized business profiles and lack of Local SEO Strategy?
In 2016, SEO for Local Businesses will be more important than ever. This isn’t just a wild opinion; all data points to the ever-increasing importance MORE and More searchers using their mobile devices to search for local businesses.
Local searches lead 50% of mobile visitors to visit stores within a day. (Source: Google)
More than 60% consumers have used local information in ads. More than 50% mobile searches are conducted to find local businesses.(Source: Business2community.com)
Local SEO and Optimized Local Business profiles can help your business stand out in the SERPs. Attract, Convert, Boost your sales and customers locally.
How does Google determine your local ranking? Google has just updated how it determines your business’s local ranking.
Relevance – How well does your local listing match what someone is searching for?
Distance – How close are you to the person searching for a particular term?
Prominence – How well known is your business?
So, it’s become very critical to give your local customers exactly what they want.
In this article, we will walk through the benefits and efforts investment needed in local search optimization brings to match the relevancy needed to rank in local search results for your business, and the best local SEO Strategy for small and medium businesses. In next 10 minutes reading, you will learn how to set up your business in local search so that it can be found on major search engines.
And you will learn how to improve your rankings and competitiveness in local search results.
Why your business need local SEO?
- Local SEO brings more ROI than you might think.
- Local Consumers expects to find best businesses online within top 4-5 SERP positions.
- The increase of Mobile users and Mobile Internet has enabled more local searches.
- Mobile Users and customers tend to find and contact local businesses through Phone.
- Local business listing on Google may increase your business visibility till now approximate 37% of local businesses have claimed it.
What is the piece of information searched by your local customers?
According to a research by comScore, below is the list of some of the important information sought by local searchers. – source: http://searchengineland.com/
- Businesses by category
- Phone number
- Products or services
- Hours of operation
- Driving directions
- Coupons and special offers
- Ratings and reviews
So, this is the information you should be providing in all your local business listings and creating your Local SEO Strategy – Give the required information customer, keep the content and specially NAP (Name, Address, and Phone) concise and clickable to generate more business.
18% Of Local Mobile Searches Lead to a Sale within One Day – Is this not encouraging!
Local SEO has gained its importance, but the show isn’t over yet. Many top SEO Professionals and Industrial Leaders anticipate that local SEO will become even more impactful and useful for businesses in coming years.
Ranking factors for local SEO – Local Signals by Moz
How to get started with a local SEO campaign?
- Keep NAP concise across your listings, on important web pages like contact us.
- Add Schema Markup to your NAP.
- Complete your Google My Business profile 100% & Make sure to supply accurate details.
- Submit your business details to local citation sites such as Yelp, Google+, Bing Business Listings, Trip Advisor and Yahoo local, Yellow Pages and Others.
- Add Proper actionable CTA Elements like Phone, Email, and Directions to your Shop, Store or Business.
- Encourage online reviews of your business.
- Use location & call extensions in your Google Ads.
- Integrate local keywords while optimizing your website, including URLS, headings, titles, descriptions & page content.
- Include vital information searched by searchers as discussed above on your website including testimonials, opening hours, directions etc.
- Local customers prefer mobile browsers more compared to the desktop so it becomes increasingly important to make your website mobile-friendly and responsive for a wide range of mobile devices.
- Optimize your mobile website rendering speed, you cannot risk your mobile users bouncing from your sites to competitors site due to high website load speed. Speed your website up – Run a Page Speed Insights test to see how your website performs.
- If needed speak to Local SEO Experts to help you optimize your local listing and citations.
What Small Businesses Should Do to Benefit From Local SEO?
- Present yourself as a local business
- Be precise and clear on your target
- Be consistent with NAP (Name, Address, and Phone Number)
- List your business across channels
- Claim your business listings
- Don’t only rely on Google Listing but focus on other local search engines also
- Be precise with the ‘local’ keywords you use
- Got business in multiple locations optimize them all
- Competition is increasing – So give more time to Local content and relationship building
- Local citations and listings management add it to regular SEO practice
Take measures now to implement a consistent ongoing local SEO strategy, and stay committed to seeing it through for best ROI and Happy Customers.